Nowadays, I’ve been thinking about new sessions I want to lecture on our DevArena IT conference in Zagreb, Croatia. I couldn’t decide one so I let the people decide. All of them are somewhat ‘fusion’ themes, not concentrating on a sole subject, but rather on different technologies:
- Improving the Software Quality by Using Code Analysis in Visual Studio – Drive Quality Upstream
- Building the Business Application Layer by Business Objects Modelling
- Migration Path to Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Platform – UX of the Future
In the following lines I bring you the abstracts of the planned lectures…
Improving the Software Quality by Using Code Analysis in Visual Studio – Drive Quality Upstream
- Learn how to efficiently apply Code Analysis in everyday team development by using Visual Studio 2008. Discover and fix defficiencies in code and critical bugs early in development process. Improve security, robustness, and application execution by Microsoft .NET Framework Design Guidelines as a basis of code analysis. At last, find out which new features Visual Studio 2010 brings, such as Rule Sets which ease rule management, configuration and maintainance.
Building the Business Application Layer by Business Objects Modelling
- Come and join us in business objects modelling, that is, building of business application architecture by using current findings in fields of software development. You will be presented with ways of how to beat the complexity, adjust yourself to the ever-changing IT world by building ‘smart’ business objects – building blocks of your business – way and philosophy of thinking. The future is in integration – find out how to apply current and future technologies (besides: domain and data objects, WCF, LINQ, Cloud Computing platform) for creation of your business application layer. Be creative and unique!
Migration Path to Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Platform – UX of the Future
- WPF technology gives us many revolutionary possibilities – special role plays XAML language which abstracts visualization of user interface and experience (UX). Such as, XAML becomes a building block not just for desktop applications, but also for web solutions by using Silverlight and other domains (XPS documents, WF, and so on). It would be perfect if we would start up a greenfield project with the new technology (such as WPF), but we know it is not always possible – we do not live in the perfect world. This session gives you exactly this: continuing with the best practices in building client application systems by using Windows Forms, make our way for Windows Presentation Foundation platform – the client infrastructure of (today and) tommorrow.
Leave a comment – which session sounds interesting to you?
Which session should be good to listen?
Any help appreciated!